Traditional village pub in Stainton just on the edge of the Lake District National Park
Below are the rules and procedures put in place to protect both yourselves and the team at The Kings Arms.
We're doing out best to accommodate you in a safe and covid secure environment, but we need your help to make that possible.
- Tables must be pre booked for food, exceptions can be made at the management’s discretion if it is deemed safe to do so but ideally all pre booked.
- Food bookings will be taken in 10 minute intervals to avoid crowds of people arriving at once.
- Tables for drinks will be on a first come, first served basis.
- Tables must be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before re use for drinks or food.
- Upon arrival customers will be taken to the table
- Inside full table service will be in operation for drinks or food.
- Tables will only be set with cutlery just before food is to be served.
- Staff must observe social distancing when taking orders and when delivering food must try to avoid face to face where possible.
- Menus will be available online however all menus must be sanitised between use.
- Table service will be in place where possible outside however customers may come to the bar to order drinks. They will then be asked to either return to the table outside and drinks will be delivered, queue outside under the gazebo(KA)or shelter (SI) in the marked area or may wait at the bar if no one else is present at the time.
- Drinks will be placed on the table in the bar(KA) or the side of the bar (SI)and customers asked to collect.
- Staff must wash hands at least every 20 minutes but ideally in between service of each customer
- The Host will greet customers, sit them down and explain protocol until such a time as it becomes common practice with our customers.
- Toilet doors will be propped open apart from the gents at the Kings Arms. The ladies can accommodate 2 at a time safely, the gents at the kings can accommodate 1. The hallway will be used as a waiting area for the toilets at the sun, table 4 will be removed at the kings to create a waiting area there and there is space to wait in the bar for the ladies at the kings.
- Sanitiser will be placed outside all the toilets and at the entrances and exits to the building and customers will be encouraged to use it.
- Obseve social distancing - Follow government guidance.
- Keep to your trabl/area of garden
- Dogs welcome - Kept on lead
- One person from your table must order drinks from bar
- Don't move furniture
- Closes 10.30pm
- We must record details of customers on arrival, this will be done using a guest book and details will be kept for a minimum of 3 weeks .E.g.– Adam Jakeman, 07765523755 family party of 4, same household, Snug Cottage, Stainton
- We must remind customers of the rule of max 2 households meeting inside and up to 6 people outside.It is then theirresponsibility to stick to it.
- Maximum of 30 people in any one area at a time –king’sarms, whole pub, sun inn –restaurant and bar separate.
- A one way system will be in operation at the sun, in the front door, out of the side door.
- Notices to remindcustomers on hand washing and codes of conduct will be displayed.
- We will attempt to increasethe outdoor capacity and encourage customers to use this first.
- Doors will remain open to increase ventilation where possible.
What We Do
Comfortable Heated Outdoor Seating Area
Enjoy your drinks and meals in our heated outdoor seating area for all the family.
Delicious Home-Cooked Food served every day
We have a varied menu of quality homemade traditional pub food.
Wide Range of Beers & Ales
We have a wide range of premium beers, ales, wines and spirits for you to enjoy.